My Guide Website?
San Juan: Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure by Night46 Reviews
Explore an amazing bioluminescent bay in San Juan on a fascinating kayak tour. Watch the glowing plankton of the Laguna Grande at night and learn about the local ecosystem as you paddle along.
- Take part in a nighttime adventure to a bioluminescent bay
- Paddle your way through the waters in a two person kayak
- Marvel at millions of glowing plankton in the water
- Learn about this fragile and unique ecosystem from your expert guide
DescriptionEmbark on a nighttime adventure into the waters of San Juan's Laguna Grande and see millions of glowing plankton. Paddle aboard on this guided evening tour. Make your way through mesmerizing mangrove channels and learn about the wonders of bioluminescence. After getting picked up from your accommodation, head to Laguna Grande. Listen to a quick overview and safety briefing from your guide before setting out. Paddle in a two-person kayak for approximately 30-minutes through the mystical mangrove channels leading to the natural reserve of the Laguna Grande. See the microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand. Explore these amazing organisms up close as your professional guide takes you on a journey to discover all their secrets. Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life, and what you can do to protect such a special place. Paddle in this safe and closed environment, and watch as the water comes alive with millions of glowing plankton. Be aware the bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminosity levels can vary from very visible to minimal or none without any prior notice. The full moon phase may also affect the visibility of the bioluminescence. In the event of this happening, alternate methods such as the use of a tarp will be incorporated in order to appreciate it.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide Kayak and paddle Life vest Briefing
- Please be mindful of the weight limit. No refunds will be issued if an incorrect weight is provided The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon. Bioluminosity levels can vary without any prior notice Each participant must be capable of paddling on their own in a 2-person kayak Glass-bottom kayaks were available for reservations made prior to November 30, 2022, for travel during the remaining 2022 year. Starting on January 1, 2023, only regular kayaks will be used