My Guide Website?
San Juan: Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure by Night125 Reviews
Explore an amazing bioluminescent bay in San Juan on a fascinating kayak tour. Watch the glowing plankton of the Laguna Grande at night and learn about the local ecosystem as you paddle along.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Puerto Rico:If youʻre booking your trip to Puerto Rico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take part in a nighttime adventure to a bioluminescent bay
- Paddle your way through the waters in a two person kayak
- Marvel at millions of glowing plankton in the water
- Learn about this fragile and unique ecosystem from your expert guide
DescriptionEmbark on a nighttime adventure into the waters of Laguna Grande and see millions of glowing plankton. Paddle on this guided evening tour. Make your way through mesmerizing mangrove channels and learn about the wonders of bioluminescence. After getting picked up from your San Juan accommodation we will head to the town of Fajardo. After check-in, you will receive a quick overview and safety briefing from your guide before setting out. Then, paddle in a two-person kayak through the mangrove channels leading to the natural reserve of the Laguna Grande. Then, see the microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand. Explore these amazing organisms up close as your professional guide takes you on a journey to discover all their secrets. Finally, learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life, and what you can do to protect such a special place. Paddle in this safe and closed environment, and watch as the water comes alive with millions of glowing plankton (like fireflies).
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in selected San Juan areas Tour guide Kayak and paddle Life vest Briefing
- Please be mindful of the 250 lb (113 kg) weight limit per person. No refunds will be issued if an incorrect weight is provided Participants are subject to be weighed on site The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon. Bioluminosity levels can vary without any prior notice Each participant must be capable of paddling on their own in a 2-person kayak You must wear shoes in the kayak (water shoes, flip flops, or sandals are allowed)