My Guide Website?
San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest & Bio Bay Kayak Combo Tour67 Reviews
Experience two of the main attractions of Puerto Rico during this all-day adventure tour from San Juan. Visit the Yunque National Forest and explore the water on board a kayak.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Puerto Rico:If youʻre booking your trip to Puerto Rico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Go off the beaten path to hike and explore El Yunque Rainforest
- Take a dip in a waterfall, natural pool, and waterslides
- Kayak in a bio-luminescent bay and see glowing planktons
- Enjoy inclusive transportation to and from San Juan
DescriptionJoin your expert tour guide for an all-day excursion to the El Yunque Rainforest, then kayak with glowing planktons at a bio-luminescent bay. Start your adventure with a visit to the lesser-known zone of El Yunque, the only tropical rainforest in the United States. Hike and explore this off-the-beaten-track habitat. Take a dip in a waterfall or natural pool, or try out the waterslides. Hear fascinating stories from your guide about natural and local history. Spot native flora and fauna, many of which are not found anywhere else on the planet. After the hike, take a break with some lunch at a local restaurant. Then it's time for a kayak adventure through mangrove channels leading to the Laguna Grande. Meet the glowing microscopic planktons capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand. Paddle in this remarkable yet safe environment. Explore these amazing creatures up close. Watch how every stroke of your paddle leaves behind a glowing swirl of blue light that resembles fireflies. Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life. Please read the entire Know Before You Go section to make sure you meet our Safety Requirements and Limitations in order to participate.
IncludesAll taxes, fees and handling charges Certified tour guide Bottled water and light snacks First aid equipment US Coast Guard-certified life jackets Roundtrip transportation from selected hotels and areas in San Juan
- Maximum weight to participate is 250 lbs (113 kg) per person. Participants are subject to be weighed on site. The rainforest portion is subject to weather conditions. If canceled, you'll be offered an alternative date or refund Participants must be capable of hiking through difficult terrain Participants must understand English or Spanish. Deaf and legally blind persons need to book a private tour On Saturdays, the hike is longer and more challenging No refunds will be authorized if the participant neglects to read the description and comply with safety requirements and limitations