My Guide Website?
Fajardo: Bioluminescent Lagoon Kayak or Full Moon Kayak Tour59 Reviews
Experience the bioluminescent lagoon kayak adventure, and see the glowing waters of Laguna Grande – 1 of only 5 year-round bioluminescent lagoons in the world.
- Visit the Puerto Rico's amazing bioluminescent lagoon
- Experience stunning views of the mangroves & birds on full moon nights
- See the entirety of Laguna Grande, and relax in the water with smaller groups and experienced guides
- See the bioluminescent lagoon with the original operator for kayak tours in Laguna Grande
DescriptionDon’t let your day end when the sun goes down. Enjoy a relaxing kayak tour at sunset that leads to the fascinating Laguna Grande in the town of Fajardo located on the Northeast corner of the island. Under a blanket of the night sky and the historical lighthouse, you can touch the waters that glow with bioluminescent organisms. The activity starts at sunset in the small fishing village of Las Croabas where you meet the friendly guides. Check-in and get equipped with all the gear, including botanical-based insect repellent. Get the Kayak 101 Safety training, then board your kayak. Paddle across a small fisherman’s harbor to the entrance of Las Cabezas de San Juan Reserve. Here, you enter a mystical channel that leads to a peaceful place where the mangroves create natural tunnels and the sights and sounds of wildlife surround you. After a 25- to 30-minute paddle through the channel, based on traffic and tidal currents, your guide stops once in the lagoon to give commentary on the following points of interest: • Mangrove forest and the different species • Birdlife that inhabits the area • Aquatic marine life that uses the lagoon as an estuary • Information on the bioluminescence organism • History of the lighthouse • Insight on seven of eight ecosystems found in the area Afterward, enter the lagoon called Laguna Grande (large Lagoon), where you paddle along the edge of the mangrove forest and watch the stroke of each paddle light up a bioluminescent blue-green/white-green. Encounter fish that look like shooting stars as they swim through the thick concentration of Pyrodinium Bahamense, a species of Dinoflagellate. At the breakpoint, admire beautiful views of the rainforest and the lighthouse of Fajardo, accompanied by good conversation. Next, begin the route to Bird Island to view the many birds that roost there overnight. Once quietly rounding the small island, start the return to the departure site. This tour is offered under the full moon cycle, so checking what the moon phase is recommended.
IncludesKayaks (doubles), backrests, paddles and leashes, life-jackets (PFD’s) Botanical based insect repellent CPR and First Aid certified guides Commentary of the surrounding area Assorted snacks and cold bottled water
- All kayaks that are doubles bookings must be done in pairs. Uneven participants will be combined with another uneven in a double kayak There is a tour minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 24; the combined weight cannot exceed 450 pounds No children under 18 can participate without adult supervision There will be three guides in the water at all times You will spend 2 full hours in the water Transportation is not provided on this tours, a rental car is recommended. Uber and taxis are not reliable from the tour location Visibility may change based on weather, this night kayaking is focused on the ecology and not the bioluminescence This tour is not recommended for people who are afraid of the dark
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$80.41Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today