Fajardo: Bioluminescent Lagoon Kayak or Full Moon Kayak Tour29 Reviews
Experience the bioluminescent lagoon kayak adventure, and see the glowing waters of Laguna Grande – 1 of only 5 year-round bioluminescent lagoons in the world. Watch magical colors come to life under the stars during your visit to this beautiful lagoon.
- Visit the Puerto Rico's amazing bioluminescent lagoon
- Experience stunning views of the mangroves & birds on full moon nights
- See the entirety of Laguna Grande, and relax in the water with smaller groups and experienced guides
- See the bioluminescent lagoon with the original operator for kayak tours in Laguna Grande
DescriptionDon’t let your day end when the sun goes down. Join in with the adventure during this kayak tour at sunset that leads to the fascinating Laguna Grande in Fajardo. Under the blanket of the night sky and the historical lighthouse of Fajardo, you can touch the waters that glow with bioluminescent organisms. The activity will start in the small fishing village of Las Croabas. Here you will meet your friendly guide for your kayak excursions, collect your gear (double kayaks, backrest, paddles with leashes, life-jackets, and two kayak guides), and off you go! The activity will start with waiver orientation and signing. Then the lead guide will give each group a complete pre-ride training, which will cover all aspects of the tour and the operation of their kayaks. At this point our tour will start, and your group will be lead across a small fisherman’s cove to the entrance of Las Cabezas de San Juan Reserve. Here you will enter a mystical channel that leads to a peaceful place, where the mangroves create natural tunnels and the sights and sounds of wildlife surround them. Along this 15 to 20 minute paddle, your lead guide will stop to give commentary on the ecosystem that surrounds you. Guest can also choose the full moon kayak eco-adventure, available on full moon nights. This activity is the perfect nature adventure under a full moon, and if your stay in Puerto Rico happens to fall during the full moon stage, this tour is an option to you. If crowds are not your thing, taking this moonlight kayak tour will allow you to enjoy a peaceful kayak adventure into Laguna Grande with fewer visitors (as most come only to see the bioluminescent organisms). Experience nature lit up by the moonlight. See mangrove forests, eight ecosystems, exotic birds, and the second oldest lighthouse in Puerto Rico. Nature’s secrets are revealed to you in their full glory during this moonlight experience!
IncludesKayaks (doubles), backrests, paddles and leashes, life-jackets (PFD’s) Botanical based insect repellent CPR and First Aid certified guides Commentary of the surrounding area Assorted snacks and cold bottled water Transportation Towels Gratuities (optional)
- Due to social distancing and because all kayaks are doubles bookings must be done in pairs. Uneven numbers guests are not allowed to participate There is a tour minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 20; the combined weight cannot exceed 500 pounds No children under 18 without adult supervision There will be two guides in the water at all times You will spend 2 full hours in the water Transportation is available at an additional cost, please book the option with transport included Visibility may change based on weather, this night kayaking is focused on the ecology and not the bioluminescence This tour is not recommended for people who are afraid of the dark
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability