Fajardo: Bio Bay Kayak Tour27 Reviews
This is a kayaking tour of the Bio Bay Laguna Grande Nature Reserve in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. Stir the water of the bioluminescent bay and activate lots of sparkles.
- Discover bioluminescence at Fajardo Bio Bay
- Enjoy a kayak tour through a mangrove forest with protected fauna
- Go with the most professional guides
- Experience beautiful nature and surroundings
DescriptionBio Bay Kayak Tour in Fajardo begins at Las Croabas Park. First, learn from the professional guides the basics of kayaking, safety and the rules of the nature reserve. Then board the kayaks that fit two people. The water is shallow, and at this time on a regular day, the sunset looks great. The entrance of the Fajardo Bio Bay is a red mangrove channel. The mangrove forest is inside Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve. Along the way, you'll see its beautiful protected flora and fauna. The guides will lead the way and explain the ecology of the place. The mangrove channel opens into Laguna Grande and into the sunset, where the night will fall and stars will follow in the sky and water. At every stroke of your paddle, sparkles will appear in the water, while the kayaks will create a swirl of light. The place will simply turn magical! The intensity of the glow will depend on the phase of the moon and other nature factors, such as storms and the temperature of the water. The Fajardo Bio Bay is perfect for watching the stars too. Enjoy the constellations while sitting in the kayak at Laguna Grande. It’s like being inside a vault of lights. Cruise back through the mangrove channel led by the guides. At this time, night has set. The kayak’s navigation lights will show the way along as you hear the wonderful nighttime sounds of nature.
IncludesKayak and paddles US coastguard approved life jackets Low-intensity night time navigation lights Training and safety instructions prior to the tour Sensitive skin friendly insect repellent Snacks: water, fresh seasonal fruits, protein bars and other treats KPR’s eco-interpretive guide First aid and kayak towing equipment Storage for valuables Snacks at the tent Pictures of your tour Gratuities Hotel pickup and drop-off
- • Minimum age to participate is 6 years old. Participants aged 6 to 13 must be accompanied by an adult on the same kayak. Participants 13 to 17 must have an adult participating on the tour. • Maximum weight limit: 250 lbs per person, 426 lbs per kayak • This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, people with back, neck, wrist, arm, or leg injuries, or guests with epilepsy, heart conditions, and/or dizziness. • Each kayak accommodates a maximum of 2 people.
- All guests must be able to communicate in English or Spanish.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability