My Guide Website?
Luquillo: El Yunque Rainforest Hike and Waterslide Tour411 Reviews
This itinerary is the perfect combination of hiking, nature, water activities, fun, information, and relaxation. You will be led by passionate local tour guides, eager to share their island with you.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Puerto Rico:If youʻre booking your trip to Puerto Rico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- San Juan: Casa Bacardi Distillery
- Ponce: Guided City Walking Tour
- From San Juan: El Yunque Forest Hike & Ziplining Combo Tour
- Carabalí Rainforest Park: Rainforest Horseback Riding Tour
- Old San Juan: Sunset Cruise with Drinks and Hotel Pickup
- Explore El Yunque Rainforest with a certified local guide
- Refresh in a beautiful natural swimming pool
- Slide down a natural water slide and rope swing into the river
- Jump from different rock formations
- Learn about the rich and unique ecology as you hike the rainforest trails
DescriptionJoin this guided tour in Luquillo to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Puerto Rico's tropical rainforest of El Yunque. Learn about its rich flora and fauna while following natural trails, wading through rivers, and swimming in natural pools and waterfalls. Start your day by meeting your guide at the local fruit stand “Frutera Flores” in the town of Luquillo. Here, your guide will pick up a variety of fresh local fruit for the tour, and you have the opportunity to purchase some local fritters and/or a fresh fruit smoothie. After this stop, follow your guide in your rental car to the majestic El Yunque Rainforest- without a doubt Puerto Rico’s greatest Natural Wonder. It is the only tropical rainforest, the most biologically diverse, and the most studied forest in the US National Forest System. After an interpretive hike through natural trails lined with beautiful flora and fauna, and some river wading, arrive at a hidden gem found in the heart of the rainforest. This breathtaking segment of the 29,000-acre forest is like a natural playground. Here, have the chance to swim in the natural pools, refresh in waterfalls, slide down an exhilarating waterslide, rope swing into the river, jump from different rock formations, and enjoy fresh local fruit with a view. Along with all of this excitement, you will also have time to simply relax to the sounds of cascading waters and take in the beauty of this very special place. **PLEASE NOTE SATURDAY TOUR DETAILS**: Saturday’s tour is longer (approximately 1 additional hour) and more strenuous than Sunday – Friday. It’s very important that you are able to comply with all of the tour restrictions, have a strong physical fitness level and are able to bring your knees up to your chest.
IncludesBilingual tour guides (Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid Certification) Photos Fruit Snacks Drinks Training Equipment Entry to the rainforest Parking fees
- It is not possible to call a taxi or Uber from the forest. Guests need to drive themselves in a rental car or their own car to the meeting point and then follow the guide to the foothills of the forest • The difficulty level of the excursion is moderate to strenuous, depending on your physical fitness level
- The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven, and includes river-wading, climbing large rocks, and steep inclines • This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle
- All guests must be able to communicate in English or Spanish; tour will be done in English; guides are fully bilingual and are able to translate in Spanish if needed
- Training and Safety Instructions provided at the beginning of the tour
- Parking and Rainforest entry fee included
- SATURDAY TOUR DETAILS: Tour is longer (approx. 1 additional hour) and more strenuous than Sunday – Friday. It’s very important that you're able to comply with all of the tour restrictions