My Guide Website?
From San Juan: El Yunque National Rainforest Half-Day Tour9 Reviews
Join a half-day trip to explore El Yunque National Rainforest Reserve, one of the oldest reserves in the Western Hemisphere, and the only tropical rainforest in the US National Forest System.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Puerto Rico:If youʻre booking your trip to Puerto Rico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover one of the oldest forest reserves in the Western Hemisphere
- Learn about El Yunque, home to the Taino indigenous peoples
- Hear more of the forest's history while visiting El Portal Visitor Center
- Visit the La Coca Waterfall and take beautiful pictures of the famous falls
- Climb the Yokahú Observation Tower and take in the forest from above
DescriptionExplore the El Yunque National Rainforest and its beautiful wildlife and plants. See the La Coca Waterfall, El Portal Visitor Center, and the Yokahú Observation Tower on this exciting half-day tour of the rainforest, one of the oldest forest reserves in the Western Hemisphere, and the only Tropical Rainforest inside the US National Forest System. Take a leisurely drive to the trailhead, while the guide shares stories and history about the towns along the way. See tree orchids, giant ferns, bamboo trees, wildflowers, tropical hardwoods, and spectacular waterfalls. Smell the mix of fragrances from beautiful flowers and fresh ginger growing along the trail… Enjoy a true, tropical paradise the Taino Indigenous people have resided in and considered sacred for years. Stop at El Portal Visitor Center and learn more about the 28,000 acres of rainforest which is home to more than 240 species of plants and wildlife, and enjoy interactive displays and a paved short trail. Visit La Coca Waterfall, an 85-ft (26 m) waterfall that quickly comes into view with its magnificent drop down onto huge rock formations and a shallow-water pool. Pause the tour and take some beautiful photos. Climb the Yokahú Observation Tower at 69 feet (21 m), where views are unobstructed and far-reaching. Stand 1,500 ft (457 m) above sea level and take in the views and relax before returning to San Juan.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in San Juan Certified tour guide Entry to El Yunque National Forest Entry to El Portal Visitor Center Car seats (available on request)
- This tour operates rain or shine
- A minimum of 8 persons is required for the tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements In the event of cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children 0-6 years must use car seats in order to participate on tour
- It is recommended to have a good breakfast before departing. This tour does not include a stop to eat