My Guide Website?
El Yunque Forest: Rainforest Nature Walk at Night Tour4 Reviews
Join this guided nighttime rainforest nature walk at El Yunque National Forest. Swim and relax at Las Damas Natural Pool and keep an eye out for nocturnal animals as you watch the day turn to night.
- Enjoy the only evening/night nature walk in the El Yunque Forest
- Walk through the only rainforest in the U.S. Forestry System
- See and hear he endemic tree frogs of Puerto Rico: 'Coquies'
- Swim in pristine waterfall pools without masses of tourists
- Learn about the rainforest's diverse flora and fauna from an expert guide
DescriptionBegin your journey of El Yunque National Forest at the start of the Angelito trail, where you will be greeted by your guide who will take you on your nocturnal walking tour. Marvel at the height of the hardwood trees surrounding you, listen to the croaking coqui frogs, smell the blooming flowers' fragrance, and feel the misty rainforest atmosphere around you as you walk through the lush greenery. Enjoy the trails and swimming holes free of other tourists, as this tour is the only one permitted into the forest after 6 PM. Learn about the rainforest's diverse flora and fauna from your expert guide, 60% of which only becomes active after dark, and see the native Puerto Rican cucullo fireflies light up the rainforest, among many other bright insects and animals.
IncludesBackpacks Towels Umbrellas Snacks Bottled water Light snacks Tour guide
- You will walk on a man-made trail with uneven surfaces, and changes in elevation
- The only way to reach the tour is by rental car or personal vehicle. UBER and Taxis are not permitted in the forest for this activity, per restrictions set by the Forest Administration
- It is best to save your driving directions to the meeting point, as your cell phone signal may be lost as you drive into the forest
- A minimum of 8 participants is required for this tour to operate
- If the weather conditions are bad or if the minimum number of participants is not met, you will receive a refund and the tour will be canceled
- If you have a fear of the dark, this tour is not recommended for you
- It will more than likely rain during this tour