My Guide Website?
San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour109 Reviews
Visit two of the greatest natural attractions in Puerto Rico in one day on a day trip from San Juan. Swim in natural pools in the rainforest. Kayak at sunset and experience the magic of Laguna Grande Bio Bay at night.
- Slide down a natural water slide
- Refresh in a beautiful natural swimming pool
- Paddle through the Red Mangrove Forest at sunset
- Experience bioluminescence at the famous Laguna Grande Bio Bay in Fajardo
DescriptionJoin a day trip from San Juan to El Yunque Rainforest and the bay of Laguna Grande, two of Puerto Rico's natural gems. Follow your guide through nature trails, kayak in Fajardo Bio Bay, and observe bioluminescence at night. Enjoy return transfers, snacks, and all entrance fees. Following a morning pickup, embark in direction of your bio bay and rainforest adventure. Enjoy the beautiful views along the scenic route through the north side of the island and learn some facts about the areas from your guide. Make a stop in the town of Luquillo and enjoy some fresh local fruits before continuing the journey to Puerto Rico's majestic rainforest. El Yunque is the only tropical rainforest and the most studied forest in the United States National Forest System. Admire its biological diversity with its plants and animals, some of which are found only in Puerto Rico. Hike through trails lined with flora and fauna. Arrive at a hidden gem located in the heart of the rainforest. Enjoy the breathtaking segment of the 29,000-acre forest and swim in natural pools and waterfalls, slide down a waterslide, rope swing into the river, jump from different rock formations, and enjoy fresh local fruit with a view. After working up an appetite with an exciting first half of the day, make a stop for dinner at a local restaurant and savor Puerto Rican cuisine (cost not included). Relax until it’s time for the second part of your combo tour – the Bioluminescent Lagoon, one of planet earth's best-kept secrets. Begin your Fajardo Bio Bay kayak tour at Las Croabas. After receiving a safety briefing on kayaking, head toward the Red Mangrove Forest with an amazing view of the sunset. Enjoy kayaking for approximately 30 minutes, and admire the forest's beautiful protected flora and fauna. Upon arrival in Laguna Grande, let the magic unfold. Tiny organisms called dinoflagellates make the water glow at night. Watch how sparkles appear in the water at every stroke of your paddle, follow the swirl of lights created by the kayaks, and admire the glowing fish.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at select locations Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned van Tour guides with lifeguard, CPR, and first aid certification Pre-tour training and safety instruction Fresh local fruit Snacks Drinks Kayak Rainforest entry fee Pictures from your trip
- The tour will be done in English; guides are fully bilingual and are able to translate in Spanish if needed Items can be left in the vehicle during the Rainforest and Bio Bay tours The difficulty level of this excursion is moderate to strenuous This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle and in good physical condition The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven, and includes river-wading, climbing large rocks and steep inclines The kayaking can be strenuous when the current is strong and requires upper body strength The maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person and 425 lbs per double kayak Please wear your bathing suit under your clothes It is important that you eat breakfast prior to pickup; dinner will be around 4 PM, light snacks and refreshments will be provided