San Juan: El Yunque Rainforest and Bio Bay Combo Tour62 Reviews
Visit two of the greatest natural attractions in Puerto Rico in one day. Take a swim in natural pools at a hidden location in the rainforest. Enjoy kayaking at sunset and experience the magic of Laguna Grande Bio Bay at night.
- Slide down a natural water slide
- Refresh in a beautiful natural swimming pool
- Paddle through the Red Mangrove Forest at sunset
- Experience bioluminescence at the famous Laguna Grande Bio Bay in Fajardo
DescriptionFollowing a morning pickup at your accommodation, embark in direction of your bio bay and rainforest combo adventure. Enjoy the beautiful views along the scenic route through the Northside of the island and learn some facts about the areas from your guide. Make a stop in the town of Luquillo and enjoy some fresh local fruits before continuing the journey to Puerto Rico's majestic Rainforest. El Yunque is without a doubt Puerto Rico’s greatest natural wonder. It is the only tropical rainforest, and the most studied forest in the United States National Forest System. It is the most biologically diverse forest, hosting hundreds of plants and animals - some of which are only found here in Puerto Rico. Once there, hike through natural trails lined with beautiful flora and fauna, and some river wading, until you'll arrive at a hidden gem located in the heart of the rainforest. Enjoy the breathtaking segment of the 29,000-acre forest and take a swim in natural pools, refresh in the waterfalls, slide down an exhilarating waterslide, rope swing into the river, jump from different rock formations, and enjoy fresh local fruit with a view. After an exciting first half of the day, you will have worked up an appetite. Make a stop for dinner at a local restaurant and savor Puerto Rican cuisine. Relax a bit until it’s time for your second part of your combo tour – the Bioluminescent Lagoon, one of planet earth's best-kept secrets. Begin your Fajardo Bio Bay kayak tour at Las Croabas. After receiving a safety briefing of kayaking 101, head toward the Red Mangrove Forest with an amazing view of the sunset. Enjoy kayaking for approximately 30 minutes, and admire the forests beautiful protected flora and fauna. Upon arrival in Laguna Grande, the sun will set and the magic begins. Tiny organisms called dinoflagellates make the water glow at night. Watch how sparkles appear in the water at every stroke of your paddle, follow the swirl of lights created by the kayaks, and admire the glowing fish in the darkness of the water.
IncludesProfessional local tour guides with lifeguard, CPR & first aid certification Fresh local fruit, snacks, and refreshments All necessary equipment Training and safety instructions prior to the tour Rainforest entry fee Fully guided Laguna Grande Bio Bay tour Pictures from your Rainforest Adventure Round trip transportation from accommodation or assigned pickup location in the San Juan and approved East Areas Fully guided El Yunque Rainforest Adventure Dinner
- Wear closed-toe shoes that can get wet/dirty, have good grip for hiking on wet surfaces, and provide comfort and support (no sandals, water shoes, or flip flops) Items can be left in the vehicle during the Rainforest and Bio Bay tours The difficulty level of this excursion is moderate to strenuous depending on your physical fitness level This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle and in good physical condition The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven, and includes river-wading, climbing large rocks and steep inclines The kayaking can be strenuous when the current is strong and requires upper body strength The maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person and 425 lbs per double kayak All guests must be able to communicate in English or Spanish Please wear your bathing suit under your clothes before arrival It is important that you eat breakfast prior to pickup; dinner will be around 4 PM, light snacks and refreshments will be provided
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability