My Guide Website?
San Juan Drive Around Lunch Tour4 Reviews
Discover the gastronomy and culture of Puerto Rico on an off-the-beaten-path culinary adventure of San Juan and the metro area. Explore the neighborhoods of the city to discover some of the most scrumptious local foodie spots along the way.
- Drive around the San Juan metro area to find local foodie spots
- Learn about the people and culture of the areas visited
- Enjoy 3 full sit-down meals that showcase the gastronomy of Puerto Rico
- Visit La Placita Market and the gastronomic hub of Calle Loíza
- Go to Piñones for beachfront dining in the fritter capital of the island
DescriptionIf you are looking for a real culinary adventure then hop aboard this food tour to uncover some scrumptious foodie spots in the San Juan metro area. Travel around the neighborhoods of San Juan by van, and explore the Spanish colonial city’s sights along the way. Designed to provide tourists and locals alike with the chance to find hidden foodie treasures, the tour is led by an epicurean guide. They will take you on a food extravaganza digging deep into the history of the ingredients and cultures that make up Puerto Rican cuisine today. Puerto Rico’s food reflects Caribbean, Latin American, African, Taíno Indian, North American, and European cultures that have fused together in revolutionary ways. Learn about mangos, plantains, and peppers. Sip on rum and coffee, while savoring yummy dishes in unique locales. Depending on the day, you will visit the Placita de Santurce Market, the famous beachfront fritter capital of Piñones, the revived gastrohub of Calle Loíza, and more. The narrated food tour is both a cultural and culinary experience, explaining the history, architecture, and people of the areas visited.
Includes3 full sit-down meals 2 alcoholic beverage Driving tour of the San Juan Metro Area Gratuities
- The van is air-conditioned but some stops will be outside This tour is suitable for all ages Tour takes place rain or shine