My Guide Website?
San Juan: Bioluminescent Glass-Bottom Kayak Tour by Night32 Reviews
See an amazing bioluminescent bay through the bottom of a glass kayak on a nighttime tour in the Laguna Grande.
- Take part in a nighttime adventure to a bioluminescent bay
- Paddle your way through the waters in a glass-bottom kayak
- Marvel at millions of glowing plankton in the water
- Learn about this fragile and unique ecosystem from your expert guide
DescriptionEmbark on a nighttime adventure into the waters of the Laguna Grande and see millions of glowing plankton. Paddle in a two-person glass-bottom kayak (except on Tuesdays, when regular kayaks are used) for approximately 30-minutes through the mystical mangrove channels leading to the natural reserve of the Laguna Grande. See the microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand. Explore these amazing organisms up close as your professional guide takes you on a journey to discover all their secrets. Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life, and what you can do to protect such a special place. Paddle in this safe and closed environment, and watch as the water comes alive with millions of glowing plankton. Be aware that the bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminosity levels can vary from very visible to minimal or none without any prior notice. The full moon phase may also affect the visibility of the bioluminescence. In the event of this happening, alternate methods such as the use of a tarp will be incorporated in order to appreciate it.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from selected areas of San Juan Tour guide Glass-bottom kayaks for guests weighing up to 185 lbs (except on Tuesdays) Regular kayaks only for participants weighing up to 260 lbs Quality kayaking gear and equipment (small size for children) Kayaking orientation and instructions Commentary on the surrounding area and its flora and fauna
- Please specify in advance if you require a regular kayak Due to strict weight restrictions, all participants will be weighed prior to the tour No cancelations or refunds will be issued if an incorrect weight is provided Glass-bottom kayaks are not available on Tuesdays due to maintenance; instead, the tour will be conducted on regular kayaks Each participant must be capable of paddling on their own in a 2-person kayak and of sitting in the same position for about 2 hours Cell phones require waterproof cases Time reflected on confirmation is an estimated pick-up starting time, exact time will be provided the day prior to the tour The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon. Bioluminosity levels can vary without any prior notice