My Guide Website?
El Yunque: RainForest Experience15 Reviews
Discover the exotic vegetation of El Yunque, with its over 240 species of plants and wildlife, waterfalls, streams and hiking trails leading to enticing locations. Visit La Coca Falls & the famous Yukayu Tower & Angelito trail.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Puerto Rico:If youʻre booking your trip to Puerto Rico last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the elevated walkways through the treetops
- See amazing, unobstructed views from the 69-foot Yokahú Tower
- Take beautiful photos by the 85-foot tall La Coca Falls
- Learn about El Yunque from the guide while taking in the scenery
- Hear and see tropical birds, ancient trees, and tropical plants
DescriptionVisit the Caribbean National Rain Forest, known as El Yunque, the only tropical forest in the United States National Forest System. Learn about its rugged land, which climbs from almost sea level to about 3,500 feet above sea level and is doused with up to 200 inches of rain every year. Hear the story of the good spirit 'Yuquiyu', part of an ancient legend, who reigned on his mighty mountain-top throne, protecting Puerto Rico and its people. See the same sights as those that dazzled the first Spanish Explorers more than 500 years ago, see the forest from the 69-foot Yokahú tower, and take beautiful pictures at La Coca Falls. Marvel at 1,000-year-old trees, strange plants with exotic rainbow-colored flowers, and thick vines with great masses of lush red blossoms waving in the cool breeze. Hear the incessant, yet delightful tow-note chanting of the 'Coqui,' the chattering of unseen tropical birds, and, with some luck, the squawk of the endangered Puerto Rican Parrot.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off
- The experience involves a lot of walking Attendees must be in good physical condition to participate